Awesome Mama You

Parenting. Motherhood specifically. It's hard. It's a slog. Magical, creative, beautiful but also chaotic, heart breaking and often lonely.

When I became a mum I was overjoyed at finally achieving what I had longed to achieve for years. Since childhood even, I had an ache deep within to become a mother. When I became a mum I lost my old life. I lost myself and I struggled to come to terms with the heavy weight of responsibility for a tiny human that wanted to be literally attached to me and only me, what felt like 24 hours a day. We struggle silently. We feel guilty for feeling this way. Motherhood is selfless right? Wrong.
We have to be selfish sometimes in order to be selfless the rest of the time. We need to look after ourselves. Be honest with ourselves. Be honest with our partners. Be honest with our friends. Motherhood is fucking hard. Let's lift each other up not tear each other down or tear ourselves down. In the words of the wonderful Lauren Derrett, we are enough. YOU ARE ENOUGH.

Mothers are awesome. I mean the sheer strength of women in the throws of motherhood is awe inspiring. Our " weak moments" are not our weakness at all but our strength and the resilience to keep fucking going, slogging through the shit ( often literal) time and time again, getting up off the floor  time and time again to do " the small stuff".... Well that is awesome. That is strength. That is motherhood.

Emma Culley-Morgan
Positive Birth Educator and founder of Awesome Mama Antenatal

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Birth and the Horror Monster

Say NO to Bullshit.

Stand up for Women and babies!